Please introduce yourself, where you are from, and a little bit about you. 

Views: 1105

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi, I am Teresa Fornaro, a second year PhD student in Physical Chemistry at Scuola Normale Superiore of Pisa (Italy) in collaboration with the INAF-Astrophysical Observatory of Arcetri, and new ISSOL Student Councillor. I am involved in an Astrobiology research concerning computational and experimental spectroscopic studies on interactions of astrobiologically relevant molecules with minerals under space conditions. I have experience also in the development of liquid extraction protocols of biomarkers adsorbed on minerals for sample return space missions and in situ biosensor-based life detection technologies. My main interests concern studies on the physical and chemical phenomena occurring when biomolecules interact with minerals in plausible prebiotic environments, to investigate the role of minerals in the origin of life, detection of biomolecules in extraterrestrial environments, molecular photochemistry in space conditions. 

I am very happy to take part in SAGANET community! I think it is a very effective way to share our knowledge and experience in order to develop a common language in such a multidisciplinary field! :-)

Hey I'm Grace. I'm a Criminal Justice student at University of Illinois but I am extremely interested in astronomy. I took an astronomy course over the summer and have always enjoyed looking through telescopes as well as following NASA.  I'm excited to see what I can learn from this website!

Welcome Grace! 

Hey, everyone! I'm Chryste from Greensboro, North Carolina, USA. I feel like I'm probably one of the youngest/most inexperienced people here - I graduated high school in June of 2012, and will begin studying astronomy/astrophysics at UNC Chapel Hill in August of 2013.

Instead of directly pursuing higher education, I chose (and was fortunate enough to be able) to take a "gap year" between high school and university; as a result, I am now in Kolkata, West Bengal, India. Over the past few months I've seen much of Nepal and northern India (including Darjeeling, where I met fellow SAGAN-member Julia DeMarines!), and I will be continuing my travels through the south of India, Sri Lanka, and Thailand for the next five months. 

Being abroad and alone for an extended period of time, I've found myself often gazing at the stars, the only constant in my life these days... as cliche and romantic as it sounds, I think it's through my travels that I've truly realized my desire to incorporate astronomy into my occupation. :)

I'm excited and honored to be a member of SAGAN, and look forward to getting to know/learning from all of you! Happy holidays!

Welcome Chryste! How awesome you bumbped into JdM in Darjeeling! Wow :) 

Hey Chryste! I just am seeing this now! I'm so glad I randomly was seated next to you in a teeny-tiny cafe in Darjeeling... seriously, what are the odds. I still cannot get over it. Anyways, I'm thrilled on so many levels that you found time time to check out saganet! I can't wait to hear more about your travels and I look forward to connecting with you in the future!!!

Peace 

My name is Steven Griffin from the Great United States of America.  I've been a science enthusiast since I first built my first laser at 8 years old.  I believe in terra formation and the future of Humanity is dependent on such a project for life sustainability in our Galaxy.  I am the founder and president of FreedomSolar.biz , inc.  an alternative energy company and am A Naturopathic Physician specializing in anti-aging nutrition.  I study and research energy and the future of the green revolution on Earth.  I currently am focusing my green research in "Power-Factor correction" bringing energy savings to the masses.  I'm interested in the formation of Intergalactic Law to help bring Peace Law to Earth.I was born in Missouri where I lived 1/2 my childhood then to the Arkansas Ozarks for where I learned to love God's creation in the wilderness of The mountains.  I currently live in mid state Louisiana where my company's off grid HQ is located to continue my corporate mission. - Steven Griffin

Hi everyone !!

I'm Zerin and I've just joined this community. Currently,I'm a High School student only. It's my dream to be the first woman from Bangladesh to go to space or at least to work for NASA. I adore studying Science more than anything else and all fields of Science equally fascinates me. However, I'm much more curious about Astrobiology as  it probes deeper into the origin of life. I'm hoping to learn a lot here !!

Hi Zerin, welcome to S.A.G.A.N.!

Thanks,it feels great to be "welcomed" !! :)

Hello everyone,

My name is Ken, and I work in a technical documentation team for a small software company. I've been interested in astronomy and space sciences since I was a kid, and started following astrobiology and related topics a few years ago. I've been an active SETI@home participant since the client first came out.

I've also long since been interested in anthropology and am about to resume a degree program I started a few years ago. My other big interest is music and audio engineering--I have a small home studio and am currently working with musicians in mostly in experimental/electronic/ambient areas. I'm hoping to become involved in some audio/music preservation projects next year. I'm also hoping to do the 2014 Contact Conference.

I'm really excited to participate here.

Great to have you Ken!

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Blog Posts

The 5th Mexican School of Astrobiology

Posted by Tardigrelda on June 24, 2019 at 1:00pm 0 Comments

I am really glad to invite everyone to the next Mexican School of Astrobiology (aka EMA) which is this August.

¡Anímate a participar en la 5ta Escuela Mexicana de…

Continue

A consortium of representatives of European Research Organisations has taken the initiative to create a virtual institute named the “European Astrobiology Institute” (EAI) with the ambition of enabli…

Posted by Wolf D. Geppert on February 24, 2019 at 1:33am 0 Comments

A consortium of representatives of European Research Organisations has taken the initiative to create a virtual institute named the “European Astrobiology Institute” (EAI) with the ambition of enabling Europe to emerge as a key player in Astrobiology and to…

Continue

AbSciCon session on life in high salt habitats

Posted by Jeff Bowman on December 14, 2018 at 8:12am 0 Comments

Abstract submissions are open for AbSciCon 2019!  You can check out the full selection of sessions here, however, I'd like to draw your attention toward the session Salty Goodness: Understanding life, biosignature…

Continue

vemala Network

Posted by Apit Supriatna on October 7, 2018 at 1:07am 0 Comments

Vemala.com merupakan situs yang membahas seputar gaya hidup, dengan berbagai macam informasi kesehatan, olahraga, Fitness, review, kecantikan, relationship,Lifestile, Tips kehamilan,Fashion dan lain sebagainya.

Videos

• Add Videos

Forum

Ask your questions here!

Started by Gina Riggio in SAGANet Discussions. Last reply by Ian James Miller Jan 28. 83 Replies

If you are trying to ask a question live during Ask an Astrobiologist, please do so in the main chatroom at the bottom of the screen! You can also ask on twitter…Continue

Mentor Request

Started by Jerry Lee in SAGANet Community Jan 4. 0 Replies

Greetings all,             My name is Jerry Lee and I am in need of a mentor. I had the pleasure of meeting and exchanging e-mails with Dr. Svetlana Shkolyar and few years ago here when I was…Continue

Tags: Mentor

Internship in Astrobiology

Started by Eva Zanditenas in Jobs / Post-docs / Other opportunities Oct 9, 2019. 0 Replies

Hi, My name is Eva Zanditenas, I am in my final year of biotechnology (in Paris) and I looking for an internship of six months to conclude my studies.   I am passionate about astrobiology, and it is…Continue

Tags: internship

European Astrobilogy Institute now on Twitter !

Started by Wolf D. Geppert in SAGANet Community Sep 24, 2019. 0 Replies

ear All,The European Astrobiology Institute is now on Twitter : @EAIastrobiologyIf you are interested: Follow us!If you like a tweet: Like us!If you find a tweet interesting: Retweet!If you want us…Continue

© 2020   Blue Marble Space, a non-profit organization committed to science and science outreach.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service