What is your favorite space-themed novel?

Views: 33

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I enjoyed the novel Contact--it may seem somewhat glib to say so, but I thought the movie did not measure up to the novel.

Sanjoy you can't ask this question of a bibliophile; it sends them into apoplexy! Pick one story? One favorite? How can anyone do that? That's so unnatural! As well ask to pick a favorite author! And space is such a huge theme with so many subsets! Aaaahhhh! I could spend days listing space stories and the merits of each one.

This photo shows just one wall of my living room. I have more bookshelves all over the house. You want me to pick one book? Fine. Read the Science Fiction Hall of Fame Series, (I guess that's four books, actually) some of the best stories ever written by some of the finest authors! I have them all in First Editions and no, I won't lend them out! Too precious by far.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Science_Fiction_Hall_of_Fame,_Volu...

Oh, but then there are all my non-fiction space books! Of those I guess I'll pick a Yuri Gararin biography called Starman, by Jamie Doran and Piers Bizony.

I have to stop now, or I will list more books.
Attachments:

RSS

Forum

Ask your questions here!

Started by Gina Misra in SAGANet Discussions. Last reply by Zeynep Dila Memiş yesterday. 179 Replies

If you are trying to ask a question live during Ask an Astrobiologist, please do so in the main chatroom at the bottom of the screen! You can also ask on twitter @saganorg…Continue

© 2021   Blue Marble Space, a non-profit organization committed to science and science outreach.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service