Earth in Human Hands, by David Grinspoon, is up next for the SAGANet Book Club. We'll have a reading schedule together pretty soon!

You can find Earth in Human Hands on Amazon and at Barnes & Noble (or check with your local bookstore).

Here are a couple of comments on the book from David Brin and Bill Nye:

"In a moving, personal journey, Grinspoon takes the reader from molten, planetary origins, past current crises like climate change, toward a destiny that our children may yet forge, standing on our shoulders."
—David Brin, New York Times Bestselling Author of Earth and Existence

"In his wonderful writing style, Dr. Grinspoon spells it out: A single species is inducing more profound changes to our planet than any other organism in geologic history. It’s us. If you have family and friends here on Earth, read this book. The Earth is in our hands."
—Bill Nye, New York Times Bestselling Author of Unstoppable: Harnessing Science To Change The World

Views: 165

Replies to This Discussion

Hi! Are we meeting today? I cannot find the fuze link

Cheers!

I think we'll skip today's meeting and then try to catch up with everyone in the coming week. I noticed it was just you and I last Sunday and then no one joined me on Wednesday, so I figured maybe some people need to catch up with the reading. We'll aim for meetings on Wednesday and Sunday in the coming week to chat about Chapter 4!

An excellent consideration of the Kardashev Scale, since that came up in today's convo: https://futurism.com/the-kardashev-scale-type-i-ii-iii-iv-v-civiliz...

Just saw this extended classic from Star Talk: All Stars that features Earth in Human Hands!
https://www.startalkradio.net/show/extended-classic-earth-human-han...

Hello everyone! It has been a while I have posted anything. I was moving to a new place and was unable to get proper network. Are you all planning for a new book to read?

Thanks for Reading.

Hi Suraj! No worries. I've had my hands full lately as I've been trying to wrap up my dissertation. It was just accepted by the graduate school yesterday (making it official that I have finished my PhD). We can definitely look to reading another book now.

Congratulations Graham!! Very happy to know that. Sure, Lets start a bew book someday.
Cheers!!

Hello people!. Its been a long time coming to this page. I was very busy in the course work at my college. Can we start reading a new book? Good news is that have invited some of my friends to this club and I have joined an astronomy club at my college where we do night sky sessions and hold lot of fun events.

That's awesome Suraj! I would be into the idea of starting another book soon. I've been a bit behind in keeping up with some obligations. Beyond SAGANet, I'm also now work as the Director of Communications and Marketing for Blue Marble Space. It's a lot of fun!

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Blog Posts

The 5th Mexican School of Astrobiology

Posted by Tardigrelda on June 24, 2019 at 1:00pm 0 Comments

I am really glad to invite everyone to the next Mexican School of Astrobiology (aka EMA) which is this August.

¡Anímate a participar en la 5ta Escuela Mexicana de…

Continue

A consortium of representatives of European Research Organisations has taken the initiative to create a virtual institute named the “European Astrobiology Institute” (EAI) with the ambition of enabli…

Posted by Wolf D. Geppert on February 24, 2019 at 1:33am 0 Comments

A consortium of representatives of European Research Organisations has taken the initiative to create a virtual institute named the “European Astrobiology Institute” (EAI) with the ambition of enabling Europe to emerge as a key player in Astrobiology and to…

Continue

AbSciCon session on life in high salt habitats

Posted by Jeff Bowman on December 14, 2018 at 8:12am 0 Comments

Abstract submissions are open for AbSciCon 2019!  You can check out the full selection of sessions here, however, I'd like to draw your attention toward the session Salty Goodness: Understanding life, biosignature…

Continue

vemala Network

Posted by Apit Supriatna on October 7, 2018 at 1:07am 0 Comments

Vemala.com merupakan situs yang membahas seputar gaya hidup, dengan berbagai macam informasi kesehatan, olahraga, Fitness, review, kecantikan, relationship,Lifestile, Tips kehamilan,Fashion dan lain sebagainya.

Videos

• Add Videos

Discussion Forum

Earth in Human Hands

Started by Graham E. Lau. Last reply by Graham E. Lau Nov 4, 2017. 33 Replies

Earth in Human Hands, by David Grinspoon, is up next for the SAGANet Book Club. We'll have…Continue

Pale Blue Dot: Forum discussion!

Started by Julia DeMarines (Teaspoon). Last reply by Graham E. Lau Oct 20, 2015. 15 Replies

This is a space for discussing our upcoming book, Pale Blue Dot! Really looking forward to reading this with you all :)

Book Club Forum- Cosmos & Culture: Share your thoughts!

Started by Julia DeMarines (Teaspoon). Last reply by Gavriil Michas May 13, 2013. 5 Replies

Welcome to the Book Club Discussion Forum for Cosmos & Culture where we will share our thoughts, and compile a review for this book for the benefit of our community as well as for the authors of…Continue

Tags: culture, cosmos, sagan, book

© 2019   Blue Marble Space, a non-profit organization committed to science and science outreach.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service