The Cutting-Edge of Astrobiology (48)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Expert

Astrobiology at AAAS!

For folks attending AAAS, this is from the NAI website: Are you attending the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) Me…

Started by Sara Imari Walker

0 Feb 5, 2015

Expert

Help secure the future of the Iceland and Hawaii Astrobiology Summer Schools!

Hello early-career astrobiologists! The new institutes recently funded by the NASA Astrobiology Institute represent an exciting path for as…

Started by Sanjoy Som

27 Nov 18, 2014
Reply by Aaron Noell

Expert

So you want to become an astrobiologist?

Becoming an astrobiologist - one scientist's perspective I am asked by a lot of students wanting to know how to become an astrobiologist,…

Started by Sanjoy Som

0 Jul 21, 2014

Updated Link for Life Beyond the Solar System final Virtual Coffee Break

Join the final virtual coffee break session for the "Search for Life Beyond the Solar System" conference today 12:15-12:45MST with Drs. Jil…

Started by Kate Follette

0 Mar 20, 2014

Virtual Coffee Breaks for Life Beyond the Solar System Conference

Unable to attend next week’s “Search For Life Beyond the Solar System: Exoplanets, Biosignatures and Instruments” conference in Tucson, AZ?…

Started by Kate Follette

0 Mar 14, 2014

Expert

VIRTUAL STREAM - Search for Life Beyond the Solar System Conference 3/16-3/21

Motivated by the rapidly increasing number of known Earth-sized planets, the increasing range of extreme conditions in which life on Earth…

Started by Sara Imari Walker

0 Mar 12, 2014

Facilitator

Barefooted astrobiologist spreads ideas on intelligence

Hmm... intelligence can be hard to find these days on Earth. But surely there is intelligent life in space? Astrobiologist Charley Lineweav…

Started by Aditya Chopra

11 Oct 20, 2013
Reply by Aditya Chopra

Astrobiology Programs

Does anyone know of any current Astrobiology classes/courses/programs going on now or in 2013? Or any good sources? Thanks!

Started by Kera Tucker

14 Jun 6, 2013
Reply by Anushree Srivastava

What is "life"? Asks Rep. Bucshon

http://www.spacepolicyonline.com/news/what-is-life-asks-rep-bucshon?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Spa

Started by Amber Gray

3 May 25, 2013
Reply by John Jaksich

AstroGardening Kickstarter Project

Hi all! I have a new project I have put onto the crowd-funding site Kickstarter today. It is based on AstroGardening and how to live on Mar…

Started by Dr Louisa Preston

1 Apr 30, 2013
Reply by Sara Imari Walker

RSS

Forum

What do biosignatures tell us

Started by Ken Jones in SAGANet Community Jul 11. 0 Replies

Lately there has been a lot of talk about biosignatures. I've even come across articles where they talk about using biosignatures to look for life beyond earth in the rocks here on earth by searching for biosignatures of past life in rocks. I'm just…Continue

© 2021   Blue Marble Space, a non-profit organization committed to science and science outreach.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service