On behalf of David Deamer, Editor-in-Chief of Life (ISSN 2075-1729), we are pleased to inform you that we will be offering a "Life Travel Award 2017" to one postdoc or PhD student to assist her/him in attending an international conference in 2017.
- Applicants must be postdoc or PhD students involved in the life sciences, especially those concerned with the origins of life and evolution of biosystems
- Will participate in an international conference in 2017 (oral presentation or poster) and provide a letter of acceptance from the conference organizers
- Candidates are required to submit the following documents:
- The abstract for the conference
- CV, along with a one page statement from the candidate describing his/her research interests and a list of publications
- A letter of recommendation from his/her supervisor or PI (principal investigator). The supervisor or PI should sign and confirm that the applicants fulfill all the requirements
- The awardee is expected to acknowledge support from the Life journal on their poster presentation
The awarded applicant will receive a grant of 800 Swiss Francs to support travel expenses.
The application process is now open and the deadline is 31 March 2017.
If you would like to nominate someone for this award, please go directly to the "Life Travel Award 2017" page and submit the application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please feel free to forward this email and share it with your colleagues.
Ms. Changzhen Fu
Assistant Managing Editor
Life Editorial Office
Postfach, CH-4020 Basel, Switzerland
Office: St. Alban-Anlage 66, 4052 Basel
Tel.: +41 61 683 77 34 (office)
Fax: +41 61 302 89 18 (office)